Patients are strongly encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and well-being in partnership with the doctors and other care professionals at the practice. There are a number of simple things that will really help.
- Please let us know if you change your name, address, telephone number or email address.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend so that we can reallocate your slot.
- Please only ask for a home visit by the doctor when the patient is too ill to come to the surgery.
- Compliance with medication is important but the Practice would prefer to know if you stop taking your medicines. Patients can discuss with the doctors or a member of staff.
- We kindly ask that patients treat all our team members with courtesy and respect at all times.
In keeping with the NHS, this practice operates a zero tolerance policy with respect to the protection of its entire staff. This means that anyone who is violent or abusive in any way to the GPs, any member of staff or other patients, may be removed from the practice list with immediate effect and without a second chance. Extreme cases will be reported to the police. This policy is taken to include abusive telephone calls.