If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. It is important to make this initial appointment at least 6 weeks before you travel. Further appointments may be necessary due to the requirement of a course of vaccinations, or if the vaccinations have to be ordered.
- Your initial appointment with the nurse will take 30 minutes.
- To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.
Travel Questionnaire Pre-Appointment
- If you are travelling to several countries or taking a cruise it will be helpful if you can bring your itinerary with you
- Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
- At the current time we will require payment at the time of your appointment either by cash or cheque.
We are not a Yellow Fever Centre, the following local surgeries are licensed to administer this for you:
Charges For Travel Vaccinations (Non-nhs Service)
|Hepatitis B||Price £’S|
|For Travel – Course of 3 vaccines Single Booster||120.00, 40.00|
|For Occupational Health – Course of 3 vaccines (including blood test)||125.00|
The following items can be provided by us on a private prescription for you to obtain from a Pharmacy of your choice, which we will then administer.
The costs are inclusive of the private prescription and for us to administer the vaccine only. It does not include the vaccine itself.
|Rabies – For course of 3 injections Single Booster||60.00, 20.00|
|Japanese B – For course of 2 injections||40.00|
|ACWY – For one injection||20.00|
|Private Prescription for Anti-malarials||15.00|
For further information about travelling abroad and vaccinations required the following links may be helpful: fitfortravel.nhs.uk