You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
When you register in the app, there will be a series of checks to confirm your identity. You will not have to go into your surgery to register if you have a passport or photo card driving licence.
NHS App Setup Process explains how to setup the app.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
GP Online Services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet.
Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- Book and Cancel appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Manage your pharmacy nomination
- Get health advice leaflets and videos
- View your GP medical record
You will need a unique ID and password to create an account. Please complete this online form or come into the practice You will be asked for proof of identify, i.e. a passport, driving licence or proof of address.