We aim to ensure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss receive information they can access and understand.
The Practice is required to support patients with any communication difficulties.
- ASK – Identify patients who have any information or communication needs and find out how to meet their needs
- RECORD – Record those needs communication needs in a standardised way
- ALERT– Highlight a patient’s record, so it is clear that they have information or communication needs, and clearly explain how those needs should be met.
- SHARE – Include information about a patient’s needs with other NHS and adult social care providers when they have consent or permission to do so
- ACT – Make sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
If you are unable to get to your hospital appointment because you have a medical need for transport, the NHS Patient Transport Service may be able to help; please call them direct on 01278 727444.
They have strict criteria and transport can only be arranged in certain circumstances, if they cannot help you will be signposted accordingly.